About Make Like the Masters Workshop
Make like Cartier, design like Tiffany, twist like Yurman. This 3-Day intensive course provides a rare look into the genius of the jewelry industry’s unknown Michelangelo’s. Take a tour through their never before seen workshops, learn the tools and machines they once used, and understand how they became masters.
We will study over 30 different metal processes through the exploration of original dies, molds, patterns, gadgets, and machinery. Through discussion, demonstrations, and hands-on learning, you will leave Providence with the skills to further your quest to become a master.
We will travel together, walk their walk, and talk their talk.
Timing: 3 full days (Weekdays) in Providence, Rhode Island
Sample processes and topics:
- Die making
- Micro fancy wire and tubing
- Complex tools and dies
- Bracelet forming, hinges, clasps
- Exotic processes, swedging, bead forming
- Mesh making
- Clad metals
- Deep drawing cups, goblets
- Trays, hollow ornaments, other hollowware
- Watch cases
- A look into the workmanship of Tiffany, Cartier, Yurman
- Private tour of Providence Jewelry Museum